Event Name: GOF Faith Festival: All Saints
Date(s): Oct 25-28, 2013
Preparation Program Overview:
Here is a brief overview of the preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation:
1. Sunday Mass: weekly participation at Sunday Mass is expected.
2. Year 1—9th Grade: preparation for Confirmation is a 2-year process that begins with participation in Generations of Faith (the parish faith formation program) in the 9th grade. Those who do not complete this first year of preparation during 9th grade can either complete it in 10th grade (and celebrate Confirmation in 11th grade), or request the make up material packet which must be completed prior to fall registration.
3. Year 2—10th Grade: participation in Generations of Faith continues in 10th grade. In addition, during the winter and spring candidates participate in: 4 sessions of immediate preparation for the sacrament (held on scheduled Tuesday evenings), the celebration of the Rite of Enrollment, a Confirmation retreat, the sacrament of Reconciliation, and a practice session.
4. Absences & Make up Material: candidates who miss either a Generations of Faith festival or a sacramental preparation session will be mailed make up material to complete at home and return to the parish office.
5. Sacrament of Reconciliation: following guidelines for the celebration of the Sacrament, candidates are expected to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation prior to Confirmation.
6. Forms: prior to Confirmation, candidates should have completed the information packet received at registration which includes: copy of baptismal certificate, sponsor/godparent information form, Confirmation name form, essay question on Confirmation. All Confirmation forms are available online (click on the link to the document titled Confirmation Candidate Forms on the left hand navigation).
Please see the Confirmation Information Packet for further information by clicking on the link to the document on the left-hand navigation.